8th November 2018
16:00 - 16:45 Demolition Methods and Process for Building Structures
- What does demolition mean?
- Reasons and methods for demolitions
- What are the provisions in the regulation related to demolition Rules and approvals of construction?
Speaker: Arch. Stephen Mwilu, Manager, Regional Offices, National Construction Authority Kenya
9th November 2018
14:45 - 15:30 What’s driving the demolition of buildings in Kenya?
- Definition of riparian land
- Understanding why riparian zones are important and the reasons on why we should not construct on them
- What is the Kenyan government doing to protect riparian land?
Speaker: Leah Muthony, Lead Environmental Consultant, HEW Consult and environmental expert with the National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)